Weather Source, a member of the Looker Partner Network, is thrilled to announce we are now offering the gold standard in weather and climate data in the form of a Looker Block.
Looker, which joined Google Cloud in February 2020, is a unified data platform that powers data experiences and delivers actionable business insights to employees at the point of decision. Looker Blocks are pre-built templates of code users can leverage to accelerate the time-to-value of their analytics.
The Weather Source Block features historical data (back to the year 2000), present/previous day data, forecast data (out to 46 days), and climatology weather data.
The Looker Partner Network includes expert organizations that share Looker’s belief that access to data and insights can transform businesses.
“Weather Source is really excited to add more value to the Looker Partner Ecosystem, as Looker’s philosophy of empowering businesses through data aligns perfectly with our mission to make hyper-local weather and climate data accessible across industries,” said Weather Source CEO Mark Gibbas. “Our data is ideally suited for Looker’s plug-and-play Block method because it is accurate, reliable, and ready for immediate analysis.”
The free version of Weather Source’s Looker Block includes sample weather data consisting of two years of historical data, forecast data out seven days, and climatology data—all in daily format for 10,000 random U.S. ZIP codes. Those who access the premium Block can apply hyper-local solutions tailored to the points of interest most relevant to their businesses—from lat/lon coordinates to geographically bounded areas such as ZIP or Postal Code, designated market area, metropolitan statistical area, and more.
“Looker is focused on infusing data experiences into the day-to-day workflows of all workers to close the gap between discovering insights and taking actions,” said Shohei Narron, Technology Partner Manager at Looker. “Weather Source’s Looker Block allows customers to get further faster by leveraging the foundational work Weather Source meteorological experts have already done with regard to analytics-grade weather and climate data. Our customers can then customize this data to their precise business needs.”
Weather Source’s Block can reveal meaningful observations for a variety of industries. For example:
- Retail & Food Service: Analyze weather’s effects on product sales, seasonal inventory, and footfall traffic.
- Finance: Deploy weather data to find alpha and generate optimum trade signals.
- Real Estate: Monitor weather’s impact on asset locations.
- Energy: Anticipate weather anomalies and potential changes in demand.
- Logistics: Identify weather events and perils that result in delivery delays.
- Healthcare: Understand weather’s influence on emergency room and clinic visits to optimize staffing.
- Agriculture: Quantify the impact of weather on planting schedules, crop yields, and overall field performance.
- And More: Nearly every industry has some degree of weather sensitivity.
We look forward to seeing the many ways Looker users apply Weather Source data to advance their businesses!
Click here to learn more about the Weather Source Looker Block.