Tap Into the Most Powerful Weather Source
The High-performance Weather API for Demanding Applications and Developers
- The best way to integrate weather data into applications and websites.
- The only enterprise-class historical weather API designed for industrial/commercial use.
- The only weather API from the weather data experts — Weather Source.
At Weather Source, we do one thing and we do it very well: Weather Data. You might not have heard of us, but we have been innovating and quietly supplying weather data behind the scenes to leaders in almost every major industry for nearly 10 years now. We have served hundreds of fortune 1000 companies. Now, with the Weather Source API, you can tap into the same powerful weather source used by so many in industry.
The Most Powerful Weather API for the Most Demanding Applications
The Weather Source API is a high-end weather API designed to meet the needs of the most demanding applications. It’s developed the highest standards in API design, exhaustively documented, immensely powerful, and intuitive to apply. Most importantly, it is brought to you by the team at Weather Source, the weather data experts, trusted by numerous Fortune 500 companies to provide their weather data needs, including
- Past, present and forecast weather data at blazing fast speeds at any scale.
- Weather data by postal zip code for the United States and Canada
- Global weather data by latitude/longitude for ANY point with pinpoint precision
- 7-day Weather Forecasts
- Astronomical (solar/lunar) data – sun position in the sky
New for 2014:
- Long-range forecasts
- Climatological Data (ie Long-term Averages) Including 10-year and 30-year Normals
- Archived weather forecasts
- Severe weather data (ie, hail, damaging wind and tornado)
- Cleaned weather data, 1979 to current
Daily and Hourly Weather Data
- Precipitation (rain and/or liquid equivalent of any frozen precipitation, such as snow, sleet, hail, etc)
- Cloud cover
- Dew point
- Relative Humidity
- “Feels like” temperature
- Specific humidity
- Wet bulb temperature
- Surface pressure
- Probability of precipitation (forecast)
High Performance Meets Dependabilty
The Weather Source API is designed specifically for use in the most demanding real-time applications in the age of instant information for the masses. Comprehensive, 100% gap-free geographic coverage and near-instant response times mean applications that use the Weather Source API will always obtain data for any location, near-instantaneously. That makes it ideal for the most demanding weather-related applications that must deliver results to users quickly.
Technology behind the Weather Source API
Our API is designed for high-performance applications. It’s built in the cloud for dependability, reliability, availability, uptime and speed. State-of-the-art adaptable technology allows for virtually limitless speed/bandwidth performance able to meet the demands of virtually any application at any scale – small to large. High quality and gap-free data mean you can count on applications receiving reliable weather data for any location and point in time with lightning-quick response times, making it ideal for wide-scale applications that require on-demand data for many users simultaneously.
Weather Source OnPOINT
The Weather Source API is the only API that is built upon Weather Source OnPOINT, a broad array of weather information to analyze historical, current and forecast weather conditions across the world down to a gap-free 5 kilometer grid (3 miles) dating back to 1979. OnPOINT weather data is produced by Weather Source from an analysis of numerous weather data sets and provides the most accurate and complete representation of weather conditions possible. It is the only weather product with historical weather data 100% reliable and 100% complete at the zip code and point (latitude/longitude) levels, making it ideal for a wide array of applications.
Further details are available at the Weather Source API developer site.
Please see the Weather Source API developer site for a free developer/evaluation license.
Not sure if it meets your needs? Please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you. New capability is often added based on customer need.
1 Stiles Rd. #201
Salem, NH 03079
Phone: (978) 388-2772